For the first time in history, we’re marshaling the political resources of the Jewish community on behalf of the progressive domestic policies that actually motivate American Jews at the polls. In doing so, we’re proving that candidates who seek our community’s support must boldly speak out for progressive change here at home. As we move into our fourth election cycle, we’re building on our proven track record of success and mobilizing the American Jewish community to defeat Trumpism, build a vibrant multiracial democracy, and create lasting change.
If you’re running for federal office and seeking our endorsement, please read our strategy below and then contact us to request our questionnaire.
1. Push Trumpism to the Margins and Defeat Down Ballot Republicans:
- Through the incredible work of our volunteers, members, and voters, Donald Trump was denied a second term. Unfortunately, far too many of his enablers won re-election, remain wedded to Trumpism, and must be replaced with candidates that share our vision of America.
- We will continue to build upon our diverse gains in the House and defeat right-wing extremists who attack our communities and promote hatred — especially those who promote white nationalism and xenophobia.
2. Build a vibrant multiracial democracy:
- Support diverse candidates in swing districts — The 117th Congress will have more people of color & women than any previous Congress. Many represent majority-white districts that flipped from red to blue in 2018. We will continue to support their re-elections, as they embody the promise and hope of a country with a thriving multiracial democracy.
- Support progressive champions — We will continue to support those who take political risks to demonstrate bold leadership in support of immigrants, racial justice, and economic justice are our closest allies in Congress — and we need more leaders like them.
3. Create lasting change:
- We will move the political conversation in a more progressive direction and encourage progressive policy making by electing candidates that are aligned with our values. By doing so, we will redefine what motivates Jewish political giving: equal rights for all, equality of opportunity, a welcoming America, and a thriving multiracial democracy.
How we’ll do it:
Our PAC is focused on supporting candidates in some of the most critical races and states in the country: in places that have implications up and down the ballot, from Presidential battleground states, key House seats to defend or flip, and states that could determine the balance of power in the Senate.
- Raise Money for Candidates — Having enough resources is one of the key factors in attracting quality candidates to run and win in November 2022. We will work to raise money early in the cycle to be used in the general election.
- Shift the National Narrative — Bend the Arc: Jewish Action will look for opportunities to have an outsized impact on the national narrative to demonstrate American Jewish opposition to Trumpism and its footholds in the Republican party. We did that successfully in 2016 with the “We’ve Seen This Before” campaign, and in 2018 with our “Interrupt Trump” campaign to elect progressive Democrats. In 2020, we smashed previous volunteer records and expanded our advertising and grassroots organizing efforts.
- Mobilize our Grassroots — In 2020, Bend the Arc’s Moral Minyans and volunteers across the country helped to take back the Presidency with nearly 5 million calls and texts sent to Jewish and swing voters. In 2022 our grassroots electoral work will continue to coordinate directly with campaigns and focus on voter mobilization efforts that people can plug into from any location.
Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC supports both current Members of Congress and those challenging incumbents for federal office. Candidates are evaluated based on their track record and positions championing issues including voting rights, criminal justice reform, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, racial justice, economic justice, and immigrant justice. We are especially interested in candidates that are willing to take risks to do what is right, that are effective in championing progressive policies, and/or whose races are strategic and important in shifting the balance of power in the House or Senate.
Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC does not generally engage in primary races. While some primaries are appealing, the risk of getting involved frequently outweighs the reward. However, there are occasional instances where engaging in a primary is the correct move for the organization.
Involvement in Non-Federal Races:
Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC only supports candidates for federal office and does not get involved in state and local elections.
Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC will begin considering federal candidates for the 2022 election cycle in January 2021.